Few Lines on Janmashtami Festival (10 sentences about Janmashtami)
1. Janmashtami is celebrated to celebrate the birth of Lord Krishna.
2. Janmashtami is celebrated with great pomp and reverence in countries other than India.
3. The festival of Janmashtami comes on the eighth day of Krishna Paksha of Bhadrapada month after Raksha Bandhan.
4. Born as 8th child, Krishna was the child of Devaki and Vasudeva.
5. Kansha was the king of the city of Madhura. He was a monster king. The people of Madhura were fed up with his atrocities and trembled with him.
6. It is said in the prophecy that the eighth child of Devaki, who was the sister of Kansh, will kill him.
7. For this reason, Kansh got her sister and her husband locked in the cell.
8. The child who was born Kansh killed him at the same time, he killed 7 children of Devaki.
9. As soon as Krishna was born as the 8th child from Devaki’s womb, the doors of the closet opened automatically and their legs were broken.
10. As per Lord Vishnu’s order, Vasudeva crossed the sea and placed Shri Krishna in a basket and left for Gokul and left him at Yashoda Mata’s house.
11. For this reason, this Janmashtami festival is celebrated in the happiness of Krishna’s birthday.
12. On the day of Janmashtami, all the temples across the country are decorated and pots are taken out.
13. On Janmashtami fast is kept for twelve months.
14. On this day, the Lord Krishna is also seen swinging.
15. On the day of Janmashtami, special arrangements are made for the same Handi competition.
Related Posts :
- A Rainy Day Paragraph in 100 words
- Lohri Festival Essay in English
- Few Lines on Ganesh Chaturthi festival