10 Lines on Dussehra
1.Vijayadashami is a special festival of Hindus. It is celebrated every year on Quar Sudi Dashami. Hence it is also called Dussehra or Vijayadashami.
- The history of Dussehra is very ancient in our country. In fact, it is a festival to indicate the change of seasons. This festival shows that the rainy season has passed and beautiful autumn has come.
- It is believed about Vijayadashami festival that on this date, Shri Ramchandra ji defeated and killed the demon Ravana.
- In this way, they freed the world from religion and justice by freeing the world from a great injustice.
- The biggest attraction of Dussehra is 'Ramlila'. There will be no Indian who has not seen Ramlila at any stage.
- The story of Rama is propagated not only in our country but also in many countries outside. Ramlila is also held every year in those countries.
- Ramlila is so much publicized in our country that people organize it in small and big cities and towns with great enthusiasm.
- Ramlila occurs simultaneously in many places in cities. In the days of Rama-Janma, Sita-Swayamvar, Lakshmana-Parashurama-Samvad, Sita-Haran, Hanuman-Lanka-Dahan, Lakshmana-Meghnad-Yudha etc., a large crowd of spectators are seen in the Ramlila-mandapa. Really, the stroll of Ramlila's days is worth seeing. The audience remains awake throughout the night.
- Ramlila's performance is often based on Tulsidas's world famous book 'Ramcharitmanas'. Sitting on one side of the stage, Vyas ji sings the lines of 'Manas' and according to him, the characters carry the story forward.
- Ramlila's last day takes place not in a theater but in an open ground. Where Rama-Ravana war takes place and Rama slays Ravana. Thereafter, the effigy of Ravana is lit. It takes several days to make this thin.
- Bharat-Milap is celebrated on the second day of Vijayadashami. The scene of that day is very touching. While running barefoot, Bharat fell at the feet of elder brother Ram.
- Shriram interrupts his brother and takes him in his huge arms. Everyone's eyes are filled with tears after watching this scene.
- Epilogue: The festival of Vijayadashami marks the victory of justice over injustice. Through this, we get inspiration to adopt the ideals of Rama.
10 Lines on Dussehra - 2
- Dussehra is one of the famous festivals of Hindus. Purushottam Rama cut the ten heads of Ravana on this day to protect justice, religion and truth by adding the words Dussehra, Das + Hara.
- That is why this day is called Dussehra and in this memory, this festival is celebrated every year on the Shukla Paksha of Ashwin month as Vijay Dashami.
- Vijayadashami or Dussehra signifies the victory of good over evil, benevolence over benevolence and religion over injustice and victory over justice.
- In India (in Navratras), ten days before Dussehra there is a wonderful performance of Shri Rama's Leela. On this day, the battle of Shri Rama and Ravana is fought in which Ravana is killed and Sri Rama wins. Finally, the fireworks of Ravana, Kumbhakarna and Meghnad are burnt.
- On this day many huge fairs are organized all over India. Children, old and women all wear new clothes and enjoy these fairs.
- People in Bengal worship Goddess Durga on this day. There, Mahishasur Mardini Kalika is worshiped for nine days in Navratri. Usually the urn of Ashwin Shukla Paksha is established throughout the country. In later days, the eight forms of Goddess Durga are worshiped sequentially, due to which they are also called ‘Ashtabhavani’.
- On Vijay Dashami, the idol of Goddess Durga is immersed in a river, pond or sea. Many devotees fast for nine days.
- This day is considered auspicious for many tasks. In ancient times, means of transport were not accessible.
- Hence merchants, travelers, sages and soldiers started their journey on this day as auspicious. On this day, the enemy was attacked by Marathas and Rajputs.
- The warriors worshiped their weapons and horses. On this day Hindu women sweep the house and after performing Dussehra Puja, hang 'Naurat' in their brothers' ears, a symbol of affection between brothers and sisters.
- Lord Buddha was born on this day, due to which the importance of this festival increases even more. Dussehra, a symbol of power, communicates a new spirit, new life and new enthusiasm in Indian society.
- In this festival we get the same education in which truth always wins and untruth is defeated.
- It is to bear injustice and tyranny, great debility, impotence and sin. This festival is always helpful in the upliftment of the nation and the progress of society.
- Therefore, we should worship this power and Vijayadashami with the same reverence and faith.
10 Lines on Dussehra - 3
- Dussehra, a festival symbolizing the victory of religion over unrighteousness, is celebrated every year on the Shukla Paksha of Ashwin month as Vijayadashami.
- The importance of Vijayadashami in our country is in two ways. First of all, this festival symbolizes the great memory of the day when Maryada Purushottam Lord Shriram slaughtered Ravana and thus returned to Sri Ram Chandra Ayodhya by banning the flag of religion in Lanka and the iniquity of his brother Sita and brother. The day of Deepavali with Srilakshmi arrived.
- The second significance is because Sharad Navratras have a special significance in the Bengal state of our country and they are regularly worshiped by installing statues of Durga Durga at various places.
- The worship is completed at 12 noon on Vijayadashami and in the evening the idols are immersed in a reservoir or river.
- Bhagwati Mahashakti Punj Durgaji also killed demons named Shumbha-Nishumbha on this day. Thus Dussehra is a great festival of both Shakti. Goswami Tulsidas inspired Shriram's pastimes to spread the character of Shriram to the masses.
- Ramlila was first started in Kashi and now Sri Ramlila takes place almost all over India and Ramlila is organized with great pomp from Ashwin Shukla Pratipada to Ekadashi. In Delhi, an old ground on the Jawaharlal Nehru Marg is known as Sriramalila Maidan.
- It is said that Ramlila has been happening in this field every year since the time of the Mughals.
- Dussehra or Vijayadashami festival is a festival that tells us that religion always conquers unrighteousness. Virtue always wins over sin.
- Truth must prevail, and one day people will know the reality.
- Dussehra is also said to be a festival of Kshatriya's. It is not fair to say so. It would be inappropriate to draw a dividing line on the basis of castes between festivals.
Dussehra Festival essay in English (few lines on Dussehra )
10 Lines on Diwali (Few sentences about Deepawali)